Nutritional health coach to the stars, and bestselling author of GET THE GLOW, Madeleine Shaw is sharing some of her healthy and mouthwatering recipes with us every day this week. All her recipes are from her recently launched 'Get the Glow' cookbook and are so easy to make you'll be hungrily thumbing through it daily for food inspiration.
Today its these delish Coconut macaroons with chocolate dipping sauce
From Madeleine, 'Coconut macaroons and chocolate are a match made in heaven. These are the perfect on-the-go snack and I love popping a few in my bag for that 4pm 'tea and cake break’ with a twist'.
400ml can coconut milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp honey
½ tsp ground cinnamon
grated zest of 1 orange
200g desiccated coconut
4 tbsp ground almonds
pinch of salt
90g cacao butter or coconut oil
60g raw cacao powder
60g honey or maple syrup
pinch of sea salt (or Himalayan)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Open the can of coconut milk and scrape out 3 tablespoons of the cream on the top and place this in a pan on a low heat with the oil, honey, cinnamon and orange zest. Stir this for a minute or so until the oil melts, then take it off the heat and add in the desiccated coconut, ground almonds and a pinch of salt. Keep stirring for a
few minutes, then leave it to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Grab a tablespoon of the mix, form it into a ball and set it on the baking tray. Repeat until you have 16 balls, then bake them in the oven for 10–12 minutes until golden.
4. Take them out and let them cool and harden on the tray while you make the chocolate sauce.
5. Melt the cacao butter or coconut oil in a pan on a low heat and slowly sift in the cacao powder, then stir in the honey and salt until everything is combined.
6. Once the balls and chocolate have cooled spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate over each coconut macaroon. Place the balls in the fridge to cool so that the chocolate hardens.
These will keep for 4 days in the fridge.
More on Madeleine:
Nutritional health coach to the stars, and bestselling author of GET THE GLOW, Madeleine Shaw knows that life is a balancing act. Monday to Friday it's hard to juggle the demands of work and family with eating healthily, and the weekends are full of temptations that undermine our best efforts to get our glow. Madeleine offers the answer in READY, STEADY, GLOW, a beautiful and accessible cookbook designed for real life.
READY, STEADY, GLOW is a book of two halves offering weekday recipes that can be made in less than 30 minutes, alongside sumptuous show-stopping meals perfect for the weekend. All recipes are wheat- and sugar-free, bursting with flavour and nutritional value, and contain natural ingredients that can be found in your local supermarket.
Not so long ago, Madeleine Shaw would wake up feeling bloated, tired and unhealthy. So she decided to turn her life around and embarked on a journey to health that saw her travel to Sydney where she learned the art of eating well.
Inspired to share her story with others, she is now a trained nutritional health coach, food blogger and creative cook. Her six-week 'Get the Glow' programme is in-demand by an impressive list of high-profile clients, all of whom Madeleine has helped enliven the hottest, healthiest and happiest versions of themselves.
For now at least, Madeleine lives in London, where she is never too far away from her healthy staples: a blender, a yoga mat and a coconut!
Visit Madeleine's website at: madeleineshaw.comwhich is bursting with health and nutritional advice.