Its Day 3 of our week of featuring delicious recipes from Madeleine Shaw's cookbook 'Get the Glow' and we have a gorgeous Wednesday night dish for you to cook tonight. Nutritional health coach to the stars, and bestselling author of GET THE GLOW, Madeleine Shaw knows how to make your tummy rumble for healthy goodness, and tonight its Moroccan beef stew on the menu.
Moroccan beef stew with spiced tahini yogurt
There’s nothing quite like a warming stew. It’s no secret that I have a love affair with my slow cooker – I just love the way it transforms even less-popular cuts of meat into restaurant-worthy meals and this beef stew is no exception. If you fancy a change, this works just as well with lamb.
1 tbsp coconut oilor butter
2 red onions, finely sliced
3 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp cayenne
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp turmeric
500ml beef stock or
400g stewing beefor lamb, cut into inchcubes
2 carrots, cut lengthwaysinto 5cm chunks
100g green beansgrated zest of 1 lemon
50g toasted pine nuts
spiced tahini yoghurt
3 tbsp tahini
150g Greek yogurt
juice of ½ lemon(2 tbsp)
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp chopped freshmint leaves, plus extrafor serving
salt, to taste
1. Heat the oil or butter in a pan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, garlic and turmeric and a few tablespoons of the stock – to prevent the spices burning.
2. Stir well for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add in the meat and brown it for 30 seconds. Throw in the carrots and pour in the remaining stock, bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer and cook with the lid on for 1½ hours.
3. After this time, add in the green beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. To make the tahini yogurt, mix the ingredients together well with a pinch of salt.
5. Finish off the beef by sprinkling it with the lemon zest and pine nuts and serve with a dollop of tahini yogurt and some extra fresh mint leaves.
More about Madeleine:
Nutritional health coach to the stars, and bestselling author of GET THE GLOW, Madeleine Shaw knows that life is a balancing act. Monday to Friday it's hard to juggle the demands of work and family with eating healthily, and the weekends are full of temptations that undermine our best efforts to get our glow. Madeleine offers the answer in READY, STEADY, GLOW, a beautiful and accessible cookbook designed for real life.
READY, STEADY, GLOW is a book of two halves offering weekday recipes that can be made in less than 30 minutes, alongside sumptuous show-stopping meals perfect for the weekend. All recipes are wheat- and sugar-free, bursting with flavour and nutritional value, and contain natural ingredients that can be found in your local supermarket.
Not so long ago, Madeleine Shaw would wake up feeling bloated, tired and unhealthy. So she decided to turn her life around and embarked on a journey to health that saw her travel to Sydney where she learned the art of eating well.
Inspired to share her story with others, she is now a trained nutritional health coach, food blogger and creative cook. Her six-week 'Get the Glow' programme is in-demand by an impressive list of high-profile clients, all of whom Madeleine has helped enliven the hottest, healthiest and happiest versions of themselves.
For now at least, Madeleine lives in London, where she is never too far away from her healthy staples: a blender, a yoga mat and a coconut!
Visit Madeleine's website at: madeleineshaw.com which is bursting with health and nutritional advice.