I have complied a list of simple tips, which may help you improve your running form. Some of the many benefits of running include helping to build strong bones, strengthening muscles and helps to maintain a healthy weight. Below are some tips for your running form and posture that can help you get the most out of your run and minimise any injuries.
1. Try to relax your shoulders. Doing this will allow for fluids to flow more freely through your body.
2. Running with your arms going forward and back, not cross your body side to side.
3. To run faster, set your target with your eyes and lean slightly (only slightly) forward when running. Obviously it is ok to look at everything around you but for the strenuous part and to really focus on your run, this is the best thing to do.
4. Do not tighten your fists when running. Keep them unclenched, but slightly curled in so as not to build up any tension in your hands.
5. Try to align your hips directly beneath your torso.
6. Feet should land underneath the body to minimise the possible damage of ‘heel strike’.
7. When running uphill lean into the incline, try not to bend or hunch over and keep your arms moving powerfully. Hunching or bending over in anyway will put stress on circulation flowing through the body.
8. Enjoy your run.
For more tips on running style, make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter